Children + Plants + Gardens = Love
Let’s engage children in cultivating a greener world!
I offer customized, in-shool field trips. These educational, multidisciplinary field trips will enhance and expand classroom knowledge by involving students with hands-on, multisensory experiences centered around gardening, growing plants, and learning how we can be good stewards of our amazing world.
Field Trip Details
Book reading of Sharon’s book: The Perfect Place for Plants
A signed book will be gifted to the class
Multisensory Learning Centers
- Observation and Discussion
Each student will plant their own flower to take home
The general outline of this field trip includes an interactive reading of Sharon’s book, The Perfect Place for Plants, a PowerPoint and learning centers that cover learning outcomes appropriate for each grade:
- Kindergarten & Division 1: Interactive learning stations include things like sensory bins, drawing & colouring, puzzles, and planting a flower to take home
- Division 2: Learning Stations with creative, multisensory activities like flip books, seed sorting, interactive worksheets, seed sorting, and planting a flower to take home
- There might even be even some singing!
I provide all the materials necessary for this field trip. Teachers and parent volunteers are an integral part of making this field trip delightful.
Alberta Learning Outcomes to be Covered:
Kindergarten: Plant parts & functions, The Needs of Plants
Grade 1: Seasonal Changes, The Needs of Animals & Plants
Grade 2: Exploring Liquids (the Movement of Water), Small Crawling & Flying Animals (Pollinators)
Grade 3: Investigating Soils
Grade 4: Plant Growth & Changes, Structures & Functions, Plant Needs, Photosynthesis, Plant Adaptations
Grade 5: Classroom Chemistry (Fertilizer), Wetland Ecosystems, Pollinators
Guidelines for Booking In-School Field Trips with Gardening with Sharon
Current COVID Guidelines will be adhered to as outlined by Alberta Healthcare Services.
- Determine how many sets of materials needed for the field trip, a minimum of 20 students is requested.
- Encourage other classes in your school to do a fieldtrip on the same day too and we can make it a whole morning, afternoon, or day of learning & planting!
- I will provide the plants and materials needed.
- The school will be invoiced upon receipt of field trip materials and payment is due upon receipt of invoice.
- If there are changes in the amount of materials needed, please notify Sharon 1 week ahead of time.
Field Trip Costs:
Planting Field Trip:
$16 per student within the Greater Edmonton Area including:
- Ft Saskatchewan
- Sherwood Park
- Spruce Grove
- Stony Plain
A travelling fee will be applied for schools outside of this area
Field Trip Date Change Policy
Sometimes life happens and we get it.
Field Trip dates can be changed within a one week window provided that dates are available.
Field Trip Cancellations
Here are the guidelines for cancelling when there are no other alternatives:
- Field trips may be cancelled up to 10 business days ahead of the field tip date at no charge.
- Field trips cancelled in less than 10 business days of the field trip date will be charged $75